Breakfast Republic-Point Loma, CA https://www.yelp.com/biz/breakfast-republic-san-diego-2 I’ve been to many brunch spots in San Diego, CA. I have to say, hands down Breakfast Republic is my current favorite. They have good food, good adult beverages, flights of coffee and great service! What more could you ask […]
Sabideh or HELLO everyone! Sorry I’ve been out on hiatus. I had a long winter break and just haven’t been motivated to write. Sometimes when starting a new blog, it’s hard to stay motivated especially when you don’t have a huge following. But I’ve finally […]
These Crawfish Fritters were so good I can't begin to describe the taste! You will have to try them out for yourself!
If you LOVE fried chicken as much as I do, then you are going to fall in love with these wings. They are nothing like I've ever tried. These wings are called Creole Chicken Wings. They taste like Cajun all in one bite with garlic, butter and Louisiana all in bite!
Creole Gumbo was why I wanted to come to this restaurant in the first place. The presentation was not only lovely but the soup was tasty! Every bite was full of boast! They do skimp on the ingredients. This Louisiana Style Gumbo is slowly cooked with Chicken, Shrimp, Crab, Crawfish Okra and Andouille or Turkey Sausage in Creole Spices in a dark rich roux sauce served on top of rice. Usually restaurants I've dined at skimps on the rice but at CCC they give you a boat load. It safe to say, they make sure you leave stuffed like a tick! Oh and to top it off it's served EVERYDAY!
Chief's Creole Cafe's Story
When I met Mr. Brayboy during our dining experience, it all came together. Initially when we walked in the restaurant it felt like home. It felt like I was visiting a family member. Then we were seated at the "Family Table". The cutest set up I had ever seen.
After eating our meal, Mr. Elihu Brayboy walked in and introduced himself. Such a sweet genuine man. Right away I felt his warmth. When I told him I was a food blogger, he shared their story with us. I thought the restaurant had been opened for years but it's been 2 years and the restaurant is thriving. I can see why...not only is the food delicious but the hospitality keeps you wanting to come back for more.
Now let me tell you about this café. Mr. B and Mrs. B opened the restaurant after buying the building, renovated it and then realized no one wanted to rent the space. They had to come up with ideas to utilize the space. So one night Mrs. B nudged Mr. B in the elbow and suggested opening up a Creole restaurant...use Mr. B's mother's and grandmother's recipes. When they first opened, they started small and offered 5 dishes from Gumbo to Etoufee. Then the menu grew from there.
I ate so much during our visit, my small stomach expanded to the point where I couldn't even hang! The food was so good I couldn't stop. It's beyond authentic! I have never been to Louisiana but I have feeling this is what the food taste like there.
If you ever get to Tampa or live in this area, you need to make a pit stop. I promise you will be forever thankful for the experience.
A year ago I had gastric surgery and it totally changed how I view holiday eating. In fact, one of the first thoughts I had after I found out I was going to have surgery to remove a big section of my stomach was, “What […]
True Food Kitchen is one of my favorite restaurants. Whenever I’m meeting a girlfriend out for lunch, TFK seems to always be our meet up spot. I love it because the menu caters to health-conscious foodies like myself. They offer natural organic, vegetarian, gluten free and even paleo dishes. My favorite dish is the Red Chili Noodles with shrimp. This dish is extremely satisfying. Since I love it so much I decided to re-create my own version which I think comes pretty close. I substituted the shrimp with salmon and added ginger. Salmon is full of Omega-3 fatty acids, Vitamin B12, Vitamin D, Vitamin B3, Protein and much more nutritious goodness. On top of that ginger is a cancer fighting agent which gets cancer cells to kill themselves and it has anti-inflammatory properties…all yummy additions. Ma Der Ma Der!
Asian Stir Fry Noodles with Salmon
Healthy Chinese Take -Out
- 2 Salmon Filets(blot excess moisture from salmon with a paper towel and season both sides with salt & pepper)
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons vegetable broth (optional)
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon light organic brown sugar or regular sugar
- 1 teaspoon chili garlic sauce
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 cups chowmein noodles, cooked
- 1/2 of a red bell pepper, sliced thin
- 4 bok choy, quartered
- 2 tablespoons ginger minced
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- Step 1 Boil 3 cups of water, bring to a boil and cook noodles for roughly 3 minutes or according to package instructions.
- Step 2 Heat sesame oil and 1/2 tablespoon of coconut oil in a wok or medium size frying pan over medium heat. Add garlic and ginger. Stir-fry for 2-3 minutes. Add bell peppers and bok choy. Stir-fry for 1 minute.
- Step 3 Add noodles, soy sauce, rice vinegar, sugar, chili garlic sauce. Mix together and stir-fry for 2 minutes. Once ingredients are thoroughly combined and heated through turn off heat.
- Step 4 In a separate frying pan or skillet, heat 1/2 tablespoon of coconut oil. Add salmon filets carefully. If you are using salmon with skin, place skin side down first. Cook both sides on medium heat about 4 minutes on each side or until brown. Once cooked, remove from heat.
- Step 5 Add noodles and vegetables onto a bowl. Place salmon on center of the noodles. Optional-top off with sliced green onions and add more red chili garlic sauce if you like it spicy.
Sabaidee! Happy Monday Everyone! Hope you had a great weekend! Today I’m sharing a simple recipe that is perfect for dinner or lunch, Green Chicken Curry. I love making this dish because #1 it’s healthy, #2 it doesn’t require many ingredients, #3 it’s easy to make and #4 […]
Authentic Thai Food-I’ve only come across a few authentic Thai restaurants in San Diego. Supanee House of Thai-Point Loma https://www.yelp.com/biz/supannee-house-of-thai-san-diego-2 Supanee House of Thai is my #1 choice. Supanee and her husband own the restaurant. They serve good food, good service and the ambiance is […]