True Food Kitchen is one of my favorite restaurants. Whenever I’m meeting a girlfriend out for lunch, TFK seems to always be our meet up spot. I love it because the menu caters to health-conscious foodies like myself. They offer natural organic, vegetarian, gluten free and even paleo dishes. My favorite dish is the Red Chili Noodles with shrimp. This dish is extremely satisfying. Since I love it so much I decided to re-create my own version which I think comes pretty close. I substituted the shrimp with salmon and added ginger. Salmon is full of Omega-3 fatty acids, Vitamin B12, Vitamin D, Vitamin B3, Protein and much more nutritious goodness. On top of that ginger is a cancer fighting agent which gets cancer cells to kill themselves and it has anti-inflammatory properties…all yummy additions. Ma Der Ma Der!
Asian Stir Fry Noodles with Salmon
Healthy Chinese Take -Out
- 2 Salmon Filets(blot excess moisture from salmon with a paper towel and season both sides with salt & pepper)
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons vegetable broth (optional)
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon light organic brown sugar or regular sugar
- 1 teaspoon chili garlic sauce
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 cups chowmein noodles, cooked
- 1/2 of a red bell pepper, sliced thin
- 4 bok choy, quartered
- 2 tablespoons ginger minced
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- Step 1 Boil 3 cups of water, bring to a boil and cook noodles for roughly 3 minutes or according to package instructions.
- Step 2 Heat sesame oil and 1/2 tablespoon of coconut oil in a wok or medium size frying pan over medium heat. Add garlic and ginger. Stir-fry for 2-3 minutes. Add bell peppers and bok choy. Stir-fry for 1 minute.
- Step 3 Add noodles, soy sauce, rice vinegar, sugar, chili garlic sauce. Mix together and stir-fry for 2 minutes. Once ingredients are thoroughly combined and heated through turn off heat.
- Step 4 In a separate frying pan or skillet, heat 1/2 tablespoon of coconut oil. Add salmon filets carefully. If you are using salmon with skin, place skin side down first. Cook both sides on medium heat about 4 minutes on each side or until brown. Once cooked, remove from heat.
- Step 5 Add noodles and vegetables onto a bowl. Place salmon on center of the noodles. Optional-top off with sliced green onions and add more red chili garlic sauce if you like it spicy.