I make smoothies often therefore I keep a bag of frozen fruit on hand. I'll incorporate fresh fruit with the frozen mix as well. It essentially replaces the ice. Costco sells a bag of organic fruit that includes mangos, peach and strawberries. It's a great mix!
Good for Breakfast on the go.
- 1 cup, cut up frozen fruit or fresh fruit. Mine had a mix of mango, strawberries, peach.
- 1 banana, cut in slices
- 1/2 cup Greek Yogurt
- 1 cup coconut water
- 1/4 cup ice (only if you are using fresh fruit)
- optional, top off with fresh fruit or coconut shavings
- Step 1 Grab a blender or Nutri-Bullet. Add frozen fruit, bananas, yogurt, coconut water
- Step 2 Blend and let it run for a couple of minutes. Make sure frozen fruit is blended
- Step 3 Once it is mixed, pour the smoothie into a cup and add your toppings (optional)
Good tip is to cut up fruit and divide them into Ziploc bags. This way when you are in a rush in the morning, all you have to do is throw the fruit into a blender. Add the yogurt and juice. Then you are all set.
Practice this method on Sunday's to prep for the week.