This dish is traditionally made with ground pork or ground chicken. But this recipe calls for a healthier version with ground turkey. Hands down Pad Kra Pow (Thai name for this dish) is my FAVORITE Thai dish! You best believe anytime I eat out, I always order the Kra PAO!
Stir-Fry Ground Turkey with Basil
A Thai staple and good for any night of the week.
- 1 lb ground turkey (You can substitute with any kind of protein. You can use beef, chicken, pork is yummy too and or seafood)
- 1/4 cup water or stock
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil or vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 2 tablespoons dark soy sauce (can substitute with soy sauce)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 2 Thai chiles, each sliced diagonally in 1/2
- 1/2 cup yellow, red or green bell peppers (optional), sliced
- 1/4 cup holy basil or Thai basil leaves
- Step 1 Heat oil in wok or sauce pan. Add garlic and Thai chiles. Stir-fry for 1 minute.
- Step 2 Add ground turkey and water. Stir-fry turkey until half way cooked.
- Step 3 Add oyster sauce, dark soy sauce, sugar and bell peppers. Stir-fry until meat is cooked. Once turkey is cooked, turn off heat. Add holy basil and mix ingredients together.
- Step 4 Serve hot with white or brown rice. Optional to top off with fried egg.