This recipe was my mom’s go to recipe for weeknight meals. I remember as a child, whatever left over vegetable was stored in the fridge, mom would mix it up! The recipe always included a protein and 2-3 vegetables. This is the ultimate stir fry!
On this particular night I made stir-fry shrimp with green beans. Another combo can be cabbage, tomatoes and onions. Have you ever had left over cabbage and wonder what the heck to do with it? In our family we stir fry it, use it for wrapping fish/shrimp, etc. There are other combos as well…Asparagus, basil, onion or bell peppers, snow peas and carrots. Mix up this recipes with vegetables you like to eat. It was super easy and took less than 30 minutes.
Stir-Fry Shrimp with Green Beans
A great weeknight meal.
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil (olive oil or vegetable oil)
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 cup shrimp (You can substitute by using any kind of protein. You can use beef, chicken, pork and or seafood)
- 2 cups green beans
- 1/2 yellow onion, sliced thin
- 1/4 cup of water or chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 pinch sugar or 1/2 teaspoon
- Step 1 Heat oil in wok or sauce pan. Add onions and stir-fry until they become translucent.
- Step 2 Add garlic and stir-fry until they are golden brown.
- Step 3 Add vegetables, water or chicken broth. Stir-fry until vegetables are al-denti.
- Step 4 Add shrimp and continue stir-frying until shrimps are pink. Add soy sauce, oyster sauce and sugar. Make sure to mix vegetables and shrimps into sauce. Stir-fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Step 5 Remove from heat. Serve with white or brown rice.